SHUN Classic Onyx 7" Cleaver
The Shun Classic Vegetable Cleaver, sometimes known as a Chinese cleaver, is a large, squared knife with a very wide blade. It is a multi-purpose knife—the Chinese answer to a chef's knife. It's especially useful for processing vegetables, especially larger ones such as cabbage. Yet this cleaver is nimble enough for almost every kind of cutting and slicing, from fruits and vegetables to a full array of proteins. The Shun Classic Vegetable Cleaver feels solid, yet Shun's thinner blade makes it easy to handle so food preparation is a pleasure. The Shun Classic Vegetable Cleaver isn't for use on joints or bones; a Meat Cleaver is made for that.
- Perfect for preparing vegetables, fruits, and proteins—a favorite of many professional chefs
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge each side
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony-finished Pakkawood handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan